Elevate Legal Pty Ltd (ABN 69 611 683 731)
(Elevate Legal, we or us)
Dated: May 2020
1. We respect your privacy
- We respect your right to privacy and are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our contacts, clients, colleagues and website visitors. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. Collection of personal information
- We will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our websites (www.elevatelegal.com.au, www.ipoready.com.au), or we get from social media (including linkedin.com), or from your emails, or provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and provide services to you. We may collect additional information at other times, including when you apply for employment, provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal, employment or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions or provide financial or credit card information.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
3. Use of your personal information
- We may use personal information collected from you to: verify your identity, conduct conflict searches to verify if we can act for you, provide you with information, updates and our services, and acting for a client when it acquires a business with employees, or in litigation against a party. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- We may contact you by a variety of ways including telephone, email, social media messaging, sms or mail.
4. Disclosure of your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Elevate Legal, our clients or third parties.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia. The countries in which these third parties are located will depend on the circumstances.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
5. Security of your personal information
- We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have taken commercially reasonable steps to put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
6. Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
7. Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to Level 1, 455 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000. We take complaints seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- When you visit our website
When you come to our website/s we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- Third party sites
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Elevate Legal is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.